Welcome to Reading and Writing!
News and Information ~ Lisa Ryan, Language Arts and Reading Instructional Chair ~ email@example.com ~ 203/452-4466
Students are required to read two books this summer. While the books on the following list are recommended, you may supplement the selections with books you and your child enjoy ... Middle School Summer Reading List.---LINK
Math News & Information from Petrina Gunsolley, Math Instructional Specialist ~ 203-452-4466 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Hillcrest Middle School Math department. The goal for our mathematics program is for all students to understand mathematical concepts and be able to apply their knowledge of these concepts to "real life" situations. Through high quality, engaging mathematics instruction, students should be able to define and solve problems with reason, insight, inventiveness and proficiency.
Petrina Gunsolley: Mathematics Instructional Specialist
Attention Math Students - Here are your Summer Math Packets:
- If you are entering grade 6
- If you are entering grade 7 or Pre-Algebra 7
- If you are entering grade 8 Pre-Algebra
- If you are entering Algebra I as an 8th grader at Hillcrest
- If you are entering Honors Geometry as an 8th grader at Trumbull High School
- Summer math packets for Trumbull High School students can be found on the Trumbull High School website
Online Middle School Math Resources:
- Khan Academy - Free Instructional Videos on an array of Mathematics Topics.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - Tools to help visualize math concepts.
- CoolMath.com - Covers everything from elementary math to calculus.
- Math League Help - Designed for 4th through 8th graders.
- Math.com Homework Help - A math library, lessons and more.
- Math Forum - Explore more advanced math resources by topic.
- WebMath -General math resources for K-12 students.
- Ask Dr.Math
- Scientific Calculator
- First 1000 Prime Numbers
- Units of Conversion
- Math Reference Tables
- Math Glossary
- Figure This! - Math challenges for your entire family.
- Games and Puzzles - Tons of games for math enthusiasts of all ages.
- Math Goodies: Puzzle Library - More than 50 puzzles organized by math category.
- Math Play - More fun games!
- American Mathematics Competitions - Friendly math contests for middle & high school students.